Cognitive ability is defined as a general mental capability involving reasoning, problem solving, planning, abstract thinking, complex idea comprehension, and learning from experience. It’s the key competences that is needed to meet the challenges of job demands, education, advanced training, and everyday life.
Training skills include:
- Memory processes (e.g., short-term and long-term)
- Executive functions (e.g., inhibition, attention)
- Processing speed (e.g., response time)
- Logical reasoning (e.g., planning)
- Creativity (e.g., cognitive flexibility)